Buchimgae, A.K.A. Korean pancake, is often eaten in Japan. Though we usually use chives, Kimuchi, or other kinds of seafood as ingredients, the truth is, anything goes along inside. This time we used our Takowasabi for it.
Defrost before cooking: Tako Wasabi
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Heating time: 10 minutes
Azumatei Products: Tako Wasabi
- Tako Wasabi or Tsubukko Tako Wasabi x1 package
- Minced leeks 1 inch
- Flour 1/2 cup
- Potato starch 1/4 cup
- Water 1 cup
- chives 1/8 cup
- Boiled Small shrimp 50g
- Crushed Chili 1 tsp
- Preheat the pan to the middle to high heat.
- In a bowl, mix flour, potato starch and water well.
- Next, add our Tako Wasabi, chives, shrimp, crushed chili, mix well again. Once everything has cooperated, spread the canola oil in the pan, then pour half of the Takowasabi batter on the pan.
- Leave it till the edge of the pancake becomes white/ change colors. It is better to flip the 1/2 inch of the edge colour is changed or it may be difficult to flip.
- Once you flip it, pour extra oil towards the edge. Push the edge of the pancake using the spatula, and before removing it from the heat, make sure all the unnecessary oil is discarded.
- Do the same as the rest of the batter.